Careers and Internships
Check out our open positions below. See a position that feels like a fit? Follow the link to continue the application.
Based in Innsbruck, Austria, Protect Our Winters Europe (POW Europe) is a nonprofit that engages and mobilises the outdoor sports community to lead the fight against climate change through educational initiatives, political advocacy and community-based activism.
POW was founded by pro snowboarder Jeremy Jones in 2007 and now counts nine national POW chapters in Europe. POW Europe was established in 2020 to leverage the power of our network of national POW chapters in Europe and transform their local strengths into cohesive and impactful Europe-wide climate action. We work hard, but we enjoy taking our meetings to the chairlift or backcountry.
Are you a passionate and active outdoor sports person and concerned about climate change? Do you have experience in partnerships and development, ideally either in the not for profit sector or in the outdoor industry, and know how to create lasting partnerships for meaningful change?
Then we have the perfect job opportunity for you. Come and join the POW Europe team and help grow our partnerships and presence in Europe with Protect Our Winters.
POW Europe is looking for a Partnerships Manager to be in charge of developing, managing and fostering meaningful partner and donor relationships that help grow our income, extend our influence and benefit our development and advocacy programmes.
The role requires an ability to work independently and creatively, while collaborating closely with the POW Europe Coordinator and the nine European POW chapters in coordinating relations and deliverables, assuring alignment of the overall national, european and global partnership guidelines.
Tasks, Skills and Expectations
Please indicate in your resume and cover letter your knowledge, skills, abilities, and interest in the following:
- Establish, maintain and grow positive and productive relationships with partners, donors and foundations, particularly from the outdoor industry
- Actively contribute to the strategic direction and planning of projects, campaigns and activities and represent POW Europe at meetings, workshops, press conferences, etc.
- Design and implement a partnerships and marketing strategy, implementation plan and budget that supports implementation of deliverables
- Identify donor opportunities, develop donor databases, respond to donor tenders and call for proposals with a focus on diversification of funding sources
- Develop grant proposals, write appeals, represent the organization at donor meetings and undertake follow-up of potential funding opportunities
- Support partner events and manage partner marketing communications
- Support the development and execution of partnership roundtables
- Support the development and roll-out of global, regional and national POW partnership packages
- Plan, organize and carry out necessary capacity building for chapter staff related to marketing and partnership delivery and mainstreaming of partnership packages
- Draft and negotiating partnership contracts, LoIs and IP agreements
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant education in business development and relationship management
- Experience in establishing multi-year partnership agreements and maintaining continuous relationships, with experience working with the outdoor industry a significant advantage
- Ideally, experience in fundraising, proposal writing and securing and growing organisational revenue
- Experience with marketing metrics and evaluation and defining KPIs on the basis of the partnership strategy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (with German an added advantage)
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with cloud-based computing, collaborative document editing and working in business communication platforms, such as Slack
- Strong value alignment with POW’s mission and vision and an interest in European climate action
- Strong commitment to protecting the places that support an outdoor lifestyle and to the inclusion and representation of the diversity of the POW community
- Experience in working collaboratively with peers to ensure the organisation has the fundraising and marketing support to reach its goals and objectives
- Strong creativity skills and ability to generate new ideas
- Well-organised, self-motivated with an ability to self direct work also when working remotely
- Passionate and active outdoor sports person
Dates, Duration, Wage, and Location
We aim for this position to be full time (37,5 hours per week), but less than full-time (minimum 30 hours) may be considered. You will work under supervision of the POW Europe Coordinator and in close collaboration with European POW Chapters. Preferably work will take place in Innsbruck, Austria, but Europe-based with remote or partially remote work will be considered. Working hours are flexible, as we promote a healthy work-life balance. The Partnerships Manager will receive a salary commensurate with experience and a desk at our co-working office, with compensation, health benefits, retirement, sick, holiday, and paid time off as stipulated by Austrian law.
How to Apply
If you know this is the right job for you, please send a resume and a cover letter (in 300 words or less) answering the question: “If you were to start this job tomorrow, how would you approach your first four weeks?” To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Partnerships Manager Application” in the subject line.
Deadline for application: Sunday, June 20th, 2021
At POW, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and any other characteristic. POW believes that building diversity is critical to the success of a global organization. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Sorry, we don’t have any open internships at this time. But if you want to receive an update when we do, just fill out this form. We’ll reach out when we post new opportunities!
In the meantime, consider signing up to volunteer—we could still use your help.