Join POW Mobility Month 2023
The POW Mobility Month 2023 campaign challenges the outdoor community to reduce their travel emissions by choosing more sustainable forms of transportation during the month of March. Whether you are travelling to work, your favourite outdoor location or across international borders, we ask you to join us in the battle against climate change. As a community of millions, we have the power to shift our travel habits and minimise our transport emissions to reduce our impact on the places we love most. We can pave the way for a greener (and snowier) future. Let’s reframe our journeys!
BATTLE OF THE CHAPTERS
"Battle of the Chapters" which POW country can rack up the most sustainable kilometres during the month of March?
BATTLE OF THE BRANDS
"Battle of the Brands" which POW partners can rack up the most sustainable kilometres during the month of March?
Total sustainable kilometers tracked
battle of the chapters – how to participate
Are you ready to put your sustainable travel skills to the test to reduce your emissions during POW Mobility Month? Join your local European POW chapter and battle against other European POW nations in the “Battle of the Chapters“. Which country can rack up the most sustainable kilometres during the month of March? Let’s compete against each other FOR the environment!
How to join
- Shared car
- Or any other low emission alternative
Join your chapter on
the Active Giving app:
What is a POW chapter?
Don’t have a POW chapter in your specific country? You are free to join the one you feel the most connected to! Whichever team you choose, this is your chance to make a difference.
Don’t miss out on the chance to be part of a movement that is shaping a more sustainable future. Let’s re:frame, re:invent, re:discover, re:imagine, and re:route our journeys together to Protect Our Winters.
What will happen during the month?!
There will also be four competitions for our community to take part in. A way to put individuals’ sustainable travel skills to the test, reduce travel emissions and compete for amazing prizes from our partners!
During the month we will also share some travel facts and share our communities’ sustainable travel activities in our Protect Our Winters Europe Instagram @protectourwinterseurope and #POWMobility – make sure to follow the campaign there!
Read more on how to join the competitions, the prizes and more below.
Competitions & Prizes
During the POW Mobility Month there will be four competitions for our community to take part in. A way to put your sustainable travel skills to the test, reduce your travel emissions and compete for amazing prizes from our partners! Let’s reframe our journeys!
Video reel competition & Prize
For the ULITIMATE Mobility competition we want you to document your sustainable travel during the month in a fun and creative way. Whether you are travelling to work, your next adventure or across international borders, share your travel footage with us to be in with a chance of winning POW Mobility Month’s biggest prize.
WIN A SPECIALIZED E-BIKE
TURBO LEVO EXPERT!
How have you re:invented your journeys over the Month? Show us how to re:imagine those daily commutes. What new travel routines did you make? What fun ways have you discovered your favourite local spots? And did you reduce your CO2 emission?
Our key message for this year’s campaign is to Re:frame, Re:route, Re:invent, Re:discover and Re:imagine.
How to enter the Specialized competition!
1. Gather footage documenting your sustainable travels during the month of March and create an Instagram reel (max.90 sec).
2. Publish it on Instagram between the 27 and 31 of March.*
3. Use the hashtag #POWMobilitycomp23 and #POWMobility and tag @protectourwinterseurope.
*Make sure that you have an public account and NOT private.
Last year’s winner
3 weekly competitions & prizes through Active Giving
Beginning on March 6th and continuing over a three week period right up until the 26th of March separate weekly competitions will be held. During these week-long competitions you can support your favorite POW Chapter Team in the Battle of the Chapters AND compete for prizes from our partners Deuter, TRIWA and Eurail.
How to enter the weekly competitions:
- Join your favourite European POW Chapter in the Active Giving-app*.
- Track your sustainable travels on the Active Giving-app and share your weekly tracked activities on Instagram (via the Active Giving-app)
- Tag @protectourwinterseurope and hashtag #POWMobility
- Make sure that you have a public account and NOT private.
*instructions on how to join your Chapter Team can be found on the website and our Instagram.
Competition runs between 6 – 12
Prize week 2 – a TRIWA X POW
“Time For Snow” Watch
Competition runs between 13 – 19
Prize week 3 – 2×2 Interrail Passes
(7 days within 1 month) 2nd class from Eurail.
Partners and brands
Participating partners in the POW Mobility Month 2023
Supporting partners to the POW Mobility Month camapign
Get your partnership deck & join the campaign. Sign up here!
Please email Dan@protectourwinters.eu to receive the partnership deck.
Join as Individual
Help Protect Our Winters, one trip at the time! Let’s reframe our journeys to make them part of the adventure, and choose transport options that cause the least impact to the places and the lifestyles we love. Make your next mission as sustainable as possible, whether it is travelling to work or your favourite outdoor location. See how to join below.
You can do this by:
- Join your POW chapter team in the Battle of the Chapters by signing up in the Active Giving app: to reduce travel emissions during 1 month and track your sustainable travel via the app (more info below!)
- Challenge your friends, employees and compete against other POW chapter teams in sustainable travel in “The Battle of the Chapters”
- Share stories on Instagram and use #powmobility & tag @protectourwinterseurope + your local POW chapter team
Join as COMPANY
Have your brand/company and employees join the campaign and help Protect Our Winters spread the message of low carbon mobility, one trip at the time. Whether it’s your daily commute to work or a business trip – we challenge you to reframe your journeys in the battle against climate change. You can participate by competing against other outdoor brands in the POW challenge “Battle of the Brands” – see how below!
Companies can do this by:
- Create a brand team and challenge your employees to reduce their travel emissions during the month of March. Track your sustainable travel with the Active Giving app, compete against other outdoor brands and see if your company can make it to first place.
- Pledge to reduce travel emissions during the month of March and thereby engage your customers and community.
- Making your own creative low-carbon mobility activity and sharing it with us!
- Share your sustainable travel stories on Instagram (or other social media platforms) using #powmobility & tagging @protectourwinterseurope and @your local POW chapter