WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://protectourwinters.eu.
PROTECT OUR WINTERS EUROPE
Last updated 21.01, 2022.
We, Protect Our Winters Europe, Pembaurstraße 14, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria, ZVR ID: 1094440070 (“POW” or “we”, “our” and “us”), are the entity responsible for this website.
We take Your privacy very seriously and will process Your personal data solely pursuant to the applicable statutory laws, including in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Austrian Data Protection Act (Datenschutzgesetz, DSG) and the Austrian Telecommunications Act (Telekommunikationsgesetz 2021, TKG) (jointly the “Laws”).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How do we process Your personal data?
- Data collected through the Websites
- Donations and raffles
- Event registration and POW participation
- Necessary cookies
- Analysis cookies
- Marketing Cookies
- How and when do we disclose Your information to third parties?
- How long are Your data processed and stored?
- What about third-party content and links?
- What about our third-party payment service?
- What age restrictions apply?
- What are Your data protection rights, controls and choices?
- What if You have additional questions?
- HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
POW collects certain personal data from You through our Services, and for a variety of purposes described below, as follows:
- Data collected through the Websites
In general, You may use the Websites without explicitly identifying Yourself. However, in any case, the Websites will automatically collect and process certain information, which could theoretically could be used to identify You. This information includes Your: IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Websites, Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, the duration of the use of the Websites and the date and time of Your visit.
This data processing occurs for the purpose of enabling You to access the Websites and to ensure their stability and security, help diagnose server problems, and administer the Websites. It is based on our legitimate interests as data controller to operate a website in a technically stable and secure manner (Art 6 para 1 lit f GDPR).
You can sign up on the Websites to receive various newsletters, which are sent either by us or by third parties with whom we cooperate, including in particular Mailchimp or NewMode (see below Section 3 for more information). If You sign up for a newsletter, we will process the following information about You: first and last name, email address, date of birth (optional[ 1] ), address (optional).
This data processing occurs for the purpose of sending You the requested newsletter You have signed up for, and is based on Your consent (Art 6 Para 1 lit a GDPR) which You may withdraw at any time with effect for the future.
- Donations and raffles
Our Websites allow You to donate money to us in order to sponsor the goals of our association, or to participate in raffles organized by us or on our behalf. In case You decide to donate online, we will process the following information about You: first and last name, email address, home address, and credit card details (number, CVC, cardholder name and expiration date), in case of donations by credit card, or IBAN, in case of donations by SEPA direct debit.
This data processing is necessary for the purpose of processing Your donation or Your participation in a raffle and for the fulfilment of our respective contractual obligations (Art 6 Para 1 lit b GDPR).
- Event registration and POW participation
Our Websites allow You from time to time to register for a wide variety of events, as well as to submit Your contact information so that we may contact You in case of a potential internship or an opportunity to volunteer with us. In case You decide to register for participation in any such event or cooperation with POW, we will process the following information about You: first and last name, home address, email address, mobile phone number, volunteer skills (for volunteer participation).
This data processing occurs for contacting You for the respective purpose, and is based on Your consent (Art 6 Para 1 lit a GDPR) which You may withdraw at any time with effect for the future. In case of Your actual participation, we will retain this information and may process further information about You for the purpose of the processing of Your participation and fulfilling our respective contractual obligations (Art 6 Para 1 lit b GDPR).
Mostly, we only use so-called “session cookies”. These are automatically deleted when You end your internet session and close the browser. Other cookies remain stored on Your terminal device for a longer period of time. The purposes for which we set the cookies as well as the respective legal basis are listed below for the respective cookie types.
The following data is processed by cookies which may be related to Your person and thus constitute personal data:
- Your IP address
- Time and duration of Your visit
- Website (URL) You visit and website (URL) from which You were redirected by clicking on a link
Furthermore, You can deactivate or restrict the placing of cookies by changing the settings in Your browser. Cookies that have already been stored can be deleted at any time. This can also be done automatically. If cookies are deactivated for our website, individual functions of the Websites cannot be used or can only be used to a limited extent.
We use following types of cookies:
- Necessary cookies
We use these cookies to make the Websites technically usable and to enable their basic functions. The Websites cannot function properly without these cookies. Accordingly, the legal basis for the use of these cookies is our legitimate interest in operating a website and making it available to users (Art. 6 para. 1 item f GDPR and Art. 165 para. 3 Austrian Act on Telecommunications 2021).
|_stripe_mid||These cookies are necessary to perform credit card transactions on the website. The service is provided by Stripe.com. Further information is available at https://stripe.com/en-at/privacy-center/legal.||1 year|
|_stripe_sid||These cookies are necessary to perform credit card transactions on the website. The service is provided by Stripe.com. Further information is available at https://stripe.com/en-at/privacy-center/legal.||1 day|
|m||This cookie determines the device used to access the website. This allows the Websites to be formatted accordingly. The data processed with this cookie is transferred to the USA.||2 years|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie retains the user’s states for all page requests.||Session|
|test_cookie||This cookie is used to check whether the user’s browser supports cookies. The data processed with this cookie is transferred to the USA.||1 day|
|cookiefox_consent||This cookie is used to document your consent for setting other cookies.||15 months|
|INTL_REDIRECT||This cookie identifies if you access the page from outside the European Union and redirects you to the international chapter page.||Session|
|AWSALBCORS||For our email and petition campaigns we use a third-party tool provided by Newmode.net. This cookie is managed by Amazon Web Services and is used for load balancing.||7 days|
- Analysis cookies
These are cookies that allow us to perform statistical analyses of how the Websites are used, e.g. how often the Websites are accessed from a certain page, which devices are used to access certain pages, the average duration of the visit to the Websites, etc. Specifically, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookies about your use of the Websites is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymization on the Websites, Your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Websites, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The purpose of the data processing is to evaluate the use of the Websites and to compile reports on website activities. Based on the use of the Websites and the internet, further related services shall then be provided. Further information about Google Analytics is available at https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies#types-of-cookies.
In principle, we do not process this information in personal form, but it can still be assigned to you under certain circumstances. Therefore, the basis for the use of these cookies is your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 item a GDPR).
We use following Google Analytics and YouTube Analytics cookies:
|_ga||These cookies register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on the use of the Websites.||2 years|
|_gid||These cookies register a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on the use of the Websites.||1 day|
|_ga_#||This cookie collects data on how many times a user has visited a website, as well as data regarding the first and last visit.||2 years|
|_gat||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to limit the request rate.||1 day|
|CONSENT||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.||2 years|
- Marketing cookies
We use marketing cookies to track visitors on the Websites and show them advertisements that are relevant to the individual user. These cookies are mainly from third-party providers.
The basis for the use of these cookies is your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 item a GDPR).
We use the following marketing cookies:
|_fbp||This cookie is used by Facebook to display a number of advertising products, such as real-time offers from third party advertisers. Further information is available at https://www.facebook.com/policy/cookies/.||3 months|
|IDE||This cookie is used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the user’s actions on the Websites after viewing or clicking on one of the ads, with the purpose of measuring the effectiveness of an advertisement and displaying targeted advertisements to the user. The data processed by this cookie is transferred to the USA.||1 year|
|GPS||This cookie is used by YouTube to assign a specific ID number to a device in order to enable geographic tracking via GPS.||1 day|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||This cookie is used by YouTube to estimate the bandwidth available to the user on pages with integrated YouTube videos.||179 days|
|YSC||This cookie is used by YouTube to assign a specific ID number to the user in order to statistically record which YouTube videos the user has already viewed.||Session|
|yt-remote-cast-installed||These cookies are used by YouTube to store the user’s preferred settings when using embedded YouTube videos.||Session|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||These cookies are used by YouTube to store the user’s preferred settings when using embedded YouTube videos.||Permanent|
|yt-remote-device-id||These cookies are used by YouTube to store the user’s preferred settings when using embedded YouTube videos.||Permanent|
|yt-remote-fast-check-period||These cookies are used by YouTube to store the user’s preferred settings when using embedded YouTube videos.||Session|
|yt-remote-session-app||These cookies are used by YouTube to store the user’s preferred settings when using embedded YouTube videos.||Session|
|yt-remote-session-name||These cookies are used by YouTube to store the user’s preferred settings when using embedded YouTube videos.||Session|
|Fr||Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.||3 months|
- HOW AND WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
In the course of our data processing activities when performing the Services, we may use external service providers to whom we might transfer or provide access to Your personal data. Some of these service providers are our data processors, who are subject to our instructions and with whom we have concluded data processing agreements to ensure that they act in accordance with the Laws and our instructions. Service providers who are not data processors are independently responsible for observing the Laws when processing Your personal data. We have selected all service providers, whether or not they are data processors, after duly considering their reliability in respect to ensuring the adequate level of data protection.
We use specifically the following service providers and data processors:
- The technical operator(s) of the Websites and its various functions, including website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provisions, solicitation or acknowledgment of charitable gifts, aggregate analysis and marketing activities;
- The companies who are responsible for newsletter services (Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC) und New/Mode);
- Technical service providers who provide tools and plugins that we use on the Websites, including in particular Google Inc, Google LLC, Facebook Inc and YouTube LLC;
- Other technical service providers;
- In some cases, external advisors such as attorneys-at-law, auditors or business consultants, provided we must provide them Your personal data for the provision of their respective services.
We also use and disclose Your personal data if it is necessary, in ways other than those noted above, especially when we have a legal obligation to do so:
- To comply with applicable law;
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- To cooperate with law enforcement, for example, when we receive law enforcement requests and order;
- With public authorities and courts, to enforce our claims, to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, You or others.
- HOW LONG ARE YOUR DATA PROCESSED AND STORED?
In principle, we will store and process Your data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the respective purpose for which the data were collected, and will delete them as soon as the purpose for which they were collected has been fulfilled or is no longer relevant. Specifically:
- For data collected for the purpose of operating the Websites, the data will be kept for the duration of the session, and the corresponding logfiles will be deleted 90 days thereafter.
- Data collected and processed with Your consent will be kept for the duration of the consent or until it has been withdrawn.
- Data collected to process donations or raffles will be kept for the mandatory period pursuant to applicable tax and accounting laws (for Austria, seven years after the end of the year in which they were collected), or, if the data are necessary for establishment, exercise or defense of our legal claims, for the duration of the applicable limitation period (up to 30 years).
- The storage duration of cookies is listed above in the Section 2 for each cookie separately.
- WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS?
We may include links to third-party sites on our Website or forms or in our communications. We try to link only to reputable organizations, but because these other sites are not hosted or controlled by us we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites or the content provided thereon. We encourage You to review the privacy policies of those sites.
- WHAT ABOUT OUR THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SERVICE?
- WHAT AGE RESTRICTIONS APPLY?
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 14. Accordingly, POW does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from individuals under the age of 14. If You become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
- WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS, CONTROLS AND CHOICES?
You have the following data protection rights, controls and choices:
- Right of rectification: You can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the data before rectifying it.
- Right of erasure: You can ask us to erase Your personal data, but only where (i) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or (ii) You have withdrawn Your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or (iii) following a successful right to object (see “Right of objection” below); or (iv) it has been processed unlawfully; or (v) to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. We are not required to comply with Your request to erase Your personal data if the processing of Your personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise or defense of our legal claims.
- Right of restriction: You can ask us to restrict (i.e. keep but not otherwise process) Your personal data, but only where: (i) its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or (ii) the processing is unlawful, but You do not want the data to be erased; or (ii) the data are no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iv) You have exercised the right to object, and veriﬁcation of overriding grounds is pending. We can continue to process Your personal data following a request for restriction, where we have Your consent, to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
- Right to data portability: You can ask us to provide Your personal data to You in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or You can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller.
- Objection right: You can object to any processing of Your personal data which has our ‘legitimate interests’ as its legal basis, if You believe Your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If You object to the processing, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override Your rights and freedoms, in which case we may continue to process Your data.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where the processing of Your personal data is based on consent (see Sections 1 and 2), You can withdraw Your consent to the processing of Your personal data at any time. The withdrawal of Your consent is effective for the future but shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal
- Complaint with the supervisory authority: You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in Your place of residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR about our processing of Your personal data.
- WHAT IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
Protect Our Winters Europe